Friday, October 9, 2009

English Autumn Rain

My first week completely alone in a foreign country.



-Still alive?... Check

-Spent too much money on frivolous market finds?...Check

-Had my photo taken on the street by fashion bloggers?...Check

-Met my future flat mates?...Check

-Scored an interview for Topshop/Topman buying role?...Check (hell freekin yes!)

Phewww it's been a long week but it all ended on an pretty good note, care to know more?......



So my first time at Portabello markets, WHAT A DAY! It just made me so happy, I mean yes I did buy a few things (including a lovely floral number for 1 pound) but it was just a beautiful day and everyone I spoke to was so nice and helpful and a few fashion bloggers were kind enough to come up and take my picture (I was wearing something rather normal I thought).

Bricklane markets are alot more trendy though, like more locals...Portabello is 90% tourists.
The flower markets are also amazing, once I have my own place I'm going to go there every week, at the end of the day you can get 3 massive bunches for 4 pounds.



As I was walking up the Portabello Road I heard some music and turned the corner and saw these 2 girls, I think the photo is a bit small, but they had a little suitcase with 2 puppets inside with this mini band that were 'playing along to the music' so one puppet was playing the drums and the other was playing the guitar....it was rathter adorable and they were making really good money!






LOVED this little stall (Petra it reminded me of you too!) the guy was selling pretty bone china tea cups, pots and plates...AND way old school cameras! GOLD


Oh and before I forget the other day I was just walking the streets and came across this crowd that were waiting for a film premier...the film was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus! wooo (Heath Ledgers last film) however I didn't get to see anyone I cared for (yes, I was holding out for Johnny Depp) so I walked off and a lovely gentlemen asked me for directions and then asked if I wanted to join him and his friends for a drink....and I (craving a big glass of wine but didn't have anyone to drink with) said sure why not.

4 or 5 glasses later (not one drink funded from my own wallet) I stumbled back to find my tube.

On one of the nicer days this weeks I paid a visit to Regents Park, where I sat and had a cup of tea and enjoyed the view and chatted to some other tourists.
When I walked further down to the pond, this guy was walking past with his little pug dog that was barking and growling at the (gigantic!) geese, but the owner warned 'hey boy, they will EAT you' hahaha I wouldn't even be surprised.


Talking of random overheard things, I'm starting to compile a list....some of the things people say on public transport is hilarious! Once I get a good page Ill post them up here.



This is still inside Regents Park, inside the Queen Mary gardens where they have a massive rose garden and I just thought that they were pretty.



Here are a few of my market finds....I'm wearing the cardican right now, it has stawberries on it with stawberry buttons...LOVE!



Baked these delcious babies yesterday.
-Date scones mmmm



Going out for tea tomorrow with a girl I met the other night aka future house mate, we're checking out a few places in Bethnal green. Hopefully we find ourselves a place by the afternoon! Hoorah! Love you, miss all your pretty faces *hugs*
-Amanda





1 comment:

  1. yummy! those date scones look exactly like those choc chip scones we made. totally craving for some now.

    ReplyDelete