Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Every experience is unrepeatable"

I've seen and done so much over the past weeks that it's hard to believe that I've only been away 1 month and it's almost time for me to leave America for Europe....this is our last day in San Fran and it's a bittersweet feeling as it marks the end of my voyage across the US but the beginning of my independence (oh dear!) I'm not home sick yet, I thought I might be but home seems like a world away....there's so much happening here and there's still so much to discover and experience, I feel like I've just tested the water and I'm very much looking forward to diving in!
Ok so the past couple of days Louise and I have been wandering the streets of San Fran discovering cool little streets and more ridiculously steep streets (my poor poor calves) Yesterday we walked East to have a guided tour through one of the Victorian houses which line so many of the streets here.

It was built in 1855 and reflected the opulance characteristic


of the Victorian period; large, vaulted ceilings, marble fire


places and beautiful stained, arched windows.


After this we wondered down the road to whole foods (to non Americans/ travellers, wholefoods
is a massive Organic food supermarket) and I made myself a salad from lunch....in wholefoods
they have all the ingredients you could possibly want to make a salad from and you can just mix and match as you desire....I'm not so good with so many options and end up making the most ridiculous (but so delicious) looking salad ever.


So we took out lunch to the nearby park to consume and watch a friendly game of softball going

on across the street......and then Louise had a nap


in the sun, I also napped....until it got cold and we


had to move on.







and thennnnn we went on a search for debaunchery....and found ghetto street instead...
















But we made it out alive....San Fran sure does have alot of bums, but usually they're rather nice....
So we walked the streets some more and finally discovered our street but we had to walk up a 30 degree incline just to get half way to our hostel...









But there were really pretty views once we reached the top....see Alcatraz (the prison island) in the background.









awwwwwwwww...
Love you guys xoxoxox
Charrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment