Saturday, September 12, 2009

first week of Ireland


Firstly I cannot believe I have been here for 2 weeks....it feels like I've been here for half of that, I think my body is starting to rebel against all the different time zones...
I've started applying for jobs in London the past few days so fingers crossed I'll have some more interviews for when I arrive, I'm beginning to crave work, it's been nearly 2 months now that I haven't worked and I'm beginning to run low on funds! the Euro is killing me...
Anyway onto lighter thoughts, Ireland is beautiful, rather cold but the weather has been pretty good for Irish standards I have been told....Katrina has been working most of the time so I've been exploring Ireland on my own, I'm planning a couple days in Galway next week....I can't wait to get out of the city! rolling green hills, national parks and steep cliffs etc...I think I'm going to stay a couple nights and a bed and breakfast....unfortunately by myself (screw you Katrina)
Ohhhh we saw Fleet Foxes last week....seriously amazing, I've heard that they're really good live but they just blew me away, I had goosebumps ontop of goosebumps, best gig ever....Fleet Foxes in an Irish pub....doesn't get better than that...
Katrina has been working mosst days, but she has the day off today for the Coldplay gig....I'm pretty hungry, I might make some scones....or banana muffins!
Ok I have to go and wake up Katrina now and go get some brunch, love you guys and I'll update a better blog soon....here's a few photos, I'll have some better ones when I get back from Galway.
Arriving in Howth, a little fishing village on the East Coast of Ireland.
Drinkin Guiness straight from the loins of it's origins.
Weeee first day in Ireland...in a nearby park. 2 old men trying their luck on the wharf at Howth.
Poet 'Yeats' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment